Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The best pick up line, ever

It's been a while since I have written one of these. I have been told they may  be amusing.

On the way home from Costco tonight Nathan asked me if it was a law in Germany that you have to help someone if they are hurt.  I thought that was an odd question.  I asked why he wanted to know, he said his teacher told him that she lived in Germany and that there is a law there that you have to help people.  I told him I did not know the answer but if his teacher told him that I am sure she knew what she was talking about.
I went on to explain that in America we have a Good Samaritan Law.  I explained about how some religions do not allow certain medicines or they do not believe in blood transfusions.  I told him how if someone were to go help a stranger and they did something to hurt them in the process that the Good Samaritan Law protects the helper from being Sued.  I said your teacher is saying that if you witness someone needing help and do not give them aid you could be in trouble in Germany.
Nathan asked why would you not help. I said well with all the diseases out there you may be hesitant to help someone who is bleeding. Giving mouth to mouth could cause you to get sick and so on.  Tyler in his infinite 14 year old wisdom said STDS! EW, I have the best pick up line ever Mom.  "Excuse me miss, you are very beautiful do you have any STDs?  I said yeah I don't think that's a great pick up line. Tyler says well would you say yes? I said excuse me? What?! He says no I mean would you say yes to a guy who asked you out that way?  After I stopped laughing I said let me give you some advice, I wouldn't ask a lady if she has an STD right out of the gate.  He says why not, I want to know  up front before I waste any of my time on her.........  uhhhhhh what?

No comments:

Post a Comment